Thai culture, food hits sweet spot for students

Thai Country is the type of restaurant that I could dine at two or more times a week and never get sick of eating it. The food is authentic and the service is warming.

One of the most admirable aspects of the restaurant in my eyes is the interior decoration.

You walk inside and immediately greeted by the Buddha women figurine, in addition to the sweet and genuine servers.

The figure, and the plethora of elephant décor that can be seen all throughout the restaurant, set the environment.

Elephants are the symbol of Thailand and hold a deep meaning to the culture.

The wallpaper, elephant carved chairs and miniature statues all over the restaurant add to the cultural appreciation of elephants and any person walking into Thai Country will take notice.

Thai Country’s menu is made up a variety of veggie-based stir-fry dishes and delicious curries.

Although I haven’t tried everything on the menu, I can’t imagine you could go wrong with ordering anything.

Another aspect that I appreciate about Thai food is since the food is heavily veggie-based. Vegetarians and vegans can enjoy just about anything on the menu.

In addition to this, meat-eaters can also indulge in a meal that will satisfy their animal-protein craving.

Whether you’re the pork, beef, chicken, shrimp or squid-type, all the plates at Thai Country give you those options to pick your poison.

Every time I eat here, I discover new favorites.

This week’s picks were the Gang Ga Ree, a hot, creamy, yellow curry with a generous amount of vegetables and the Pad Garlic, steamed veggies with perfectly sautéed mushrooms over white rice.

Again, I’ll reiterate my love for Thai Country being that you can’t go wrong with ordering anything on the menu.

Coming from me, that is a wonderful thing to be able to do, putting trust into their menu and chefs, because I am just about the most indecisive person to walk into their restaurant.

So, when it comes to Thai Country, not only is the food appealing and you’ll want to take in all that your stomach allows you, but emphasize taking in your surroundings and appreciating the replicas of the Thai culture that is seen throughout the restaurant.

Special Lovincey / Columnist

Special Lovincey can be reached at linfieldreviewculture@gmail.com.