Senior strikes final chord, ends on high note

Senior Reveca Primachenko performs during a senior recital May 18 in the Delkin Recital Hall in the Vivian A. Bull Music Center.

“I feel very blessed with hands to engage in playing beautiful music,” senior Reveca Primachenko said. True to her word, the talented pianist bade Linfield farewell with a senior recital at 6 p.m. May 18 in the Delkin Recital Hall in the Vivian A. Bull Music Center.

Primachenko will graduate this spring with a music degree with a focus in piano performance. During her recital, she played music from an array of composers. The music was by composers such as Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Gershwin and Rachmaninoff.

“This recital represents my final project as a professional solo pianist in my study of music at Linfield,” Primachenko said.

Primachenko said she was happy to perform the recital because she loves sharing her music.

Primachenko is passionately devoted to music and playing the piano. She spends a great deal of time practicing each day.

“The piano is a masterpiece and it is truly a great instrument for me.

“Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I understand that this is the most beautiful music to play and hear. It always touches my soul and feelings,” Primachenko said.

Primachenko said that her pianist career has taught her countless valuable lessons.

“I know that if I can memorize and perform this much music, I can do anything I set my mind to.

“Because learning the piano requires memorization, daily practice and preparation, a great deal of personal discipline and motivation,” Primachenko said.

Primachenko enjoys the atmosphere of Linfield’s music department. She said the faculty and students offer relentless support and empathy.

“During the last two years, the music department and the people in it have become like my second home.

“It has truly been a great experience for me. I have a lot of friends in the music department and I will miss them,” Primachenko said.

She explained that her most memorable moments as a music student were walking into the department’s building.

“You can hear the music around you,” Primachenko said. “I even have the favorite place to practice, it is practice room 114 and Delkin Recital Hall.”

She said that some of her favorite Linfield experiences were performing in piano duets and ensembles. She also appreciated teaching piano through various internships.

“Another favorite experience has been when I was taking music composition lessons.

“While doing this, I got an opportunity to compose my own piece for the concert band and then conduct it with the group,” Primachenko said.

Primachenko is thankful for her family, Linfield faculty, fellow music students and many more who have allowed her to learn and enjoy her time in college.

“I know that I want to share my music with others and show them that it is a great thing to learn. I believe that music can shape and change your life, and I hope I can do this for others.”

Carrie Skuzeski

For the Review

Carrie Skuzeski can be reached at linfieldreviewculture@gmail.com.