Leave Linfield on a positive note

I know, I know, you’ve already heard my spiel about how I am afraid to graduate, yet I am excited to see what awaits me in the real world. I have said it a couple of times, and if you have read my columns you are aware, but I can’t help but reiterate how exciting this time is for graduating seniors.

I have been at Linfield for my four college years. I cannot tell you enough how it has been the best experience of my life. As ironic as it sounds, I did not want to come to Linfield. It was my mother that pushed it. I wanted to go to Gonzaga University, but the massive amount of snow turned me off. As great as I would look as a little snow bunny, I wouldn’t be able to endure it. Kidding. But somehow in the chaos of figuring out college, I ended up choosing Linfield, and I could not be happier that I did.

I have not entered the real world yet, but I can say I believe that Linfield has prepared me. Linfield has readied me to walk across the  stage in two weeks to receive my bachelor’s degree in mass communication. Linfield has provided me with great professors who have taught me how to write. Linfield has prepared me by teaching me how to step out of the box. Linfield has taught me how to grow up.

I tell everyone this and am constantly saying how much I love it. That
especially includes athlete recruits. I would rant and rave to them about how great it is here. Honestly, I haven’t seen anyone I told that to around campus, so maybe I single-handedly scared them away from Linfield.

Although I love it here dearly, I am also ready to be done. I guess I won’t be able to see the recruits that ended up choosing Linfield next year, but I think I’m OK with that. I have had senioritis for quite a while. I thought senioritis was just a high school thing, but, oh boy, was I wrong.

College is an amazing experience, but I think we all know when we’re ready to move on. As you know, I have already written about all the great things to anticipate. First on my list is not taking any more classes — at least for awhile. I need a break and I’m sure many can agree with that. Other things to look forward to include traveling, moving out, getting a job and living the “American dream.”

As my last opinion, thank you for listening to me rant and rave about graduation and moving on with my life. I have greatly enjoyed writing about it, and I have had an even better time being a part of Linfield.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Corrina Crocker/Sports editor
Corrina Crocker can be reached at linfieldreviewsports@gmail.com.