Get to know the 2011-12 ASLC Cabinet

Position: Vice President of Programming
Age: 21
Year: Junior
Major: Mathematics and economics
Hometown: Seattle, Wash.

Qualifications: Bond’s most relevant qualification is her experience as the Vice President of Programming for the 2010-11 academic year. She has also been the Linfield Activities Board secretary, a Residence Life Adviser, a senator for two years and a LAB committee chair for two years. Bond said that she is passionate about LAB and has a lot of new ideas.
“I am excited to work with LAB this year and to see what ideas they have because I am already starting to plan events for the fall,” she said. “Just because I’m returning, I don’t want students to think that the events are going to be the same as last year; I plan to keep the successful ones and include more collaborative events.”

Reasons for applying: “I really enjoy providing activities to the student body, and I get personal satisfaction from giving back to the students, like training new leaders within LAB and working with Cabinet,” Bond said. “LAB events are a vital part of campus and are fun.”

Goals: Bond’s primary goal is to increase on-campus programming. She said that too much emphasis has been put on off-campus programming and that attendance has decreased. She said that she wants to plan more events on Friday nights and focus on different types of programming, such as workshops.
“I want students to be able to interact, but I also want to offer pure entertainment,” she said.

Words of wisdom: “Since I’ve been at Linfield, I have stepped up my leadership standings and built them up since freshman year,” Bond said. “I encourage incoming students to get started early and join Senate.”

Interests: Bond enjoys cooking and traveling. Her favorite cities are Paris; Cape Town, South Africa; and McMinnville. Bond also loves math and playing Sudoku.

Favorites: Bond’s favorite animal is the giraffe, and her favorite colors are purple and green. Her favorite movies are “500 Days of Summer,” “Aladdin” and “The Shawshank Redemption.” She also likes the television shows “Top Chef,” “Modern Family” and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” Bond’s favorite song is “Hungry Like the Wolf” by Duran Duran.

~Compiled by Jessica Prokop/News editor