Mr. Bublé, why haven’t we met yet?

It’s not often I come around a song that makes me smile just by listening to it. However, when I was driving to Port Angeles, Wash., during Spring Break, I heard Michael Bublé’s new release, “Haven’t Met You Yet,” from his new album, “Crazy Love,” I have to say I fell in love.
In all honestly, I never gave Bublé a chance; the first time I heard him was sophomore year when my best friend had himplaying in her HP apartment. At that point in my young life, I wasn’t what you would consider a patron of fine music. I was more attuned to Britney Spears and Rihanna.
However, now I consider jazz/big band music incredible, so I am instantly drawn to Bublé’s style and songs (even if the vast majority of his releases are covers of popular jazz hits).
I’ve been addicted to Bublé’s smooth, almost smokey lyrical prowess, which has the ability to leave me either somber or hyperactive. It’s not so “jazzy” that you have to be sitting in a smoke-filled dungeon to enjoy, but it still makes you want to swing dance.
However, “Haven’t Met You Yet,” vastly unlike anything else on the album, has an upbeat, near-pop tempo to it, while still retaining Bublé’s signature voice. It really just is a bubbly song. The rest of the CD, in contrast, is more reminiscent of his previous albums.
I encourage you to take some time and listen to “Haven’t Met You Yet” (above) if you haven’t heard it yet. It’s definitely worth your time. Who knows, you might even leave with a smile.

Dominic Baez
Editor-in-chief Dominic Baez can be reached at linfieldrevieweditor@gmail.com

Video and photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

3 Comments on Mr. Bublé, why haven’t we met yet?

1. Just saw Buble a couple of days ago. I was only a few feet from him. Buble’s concert was amazing!!!

2. To be honest, I’m insanely jealous right now. I’m glad to hear that his concert is amazing!

Dominic Baez
    Editor-in-chief, The Linfield Review

3. Alessandra M // March 31, 2010 at 4:35 am //

i want him to come to Norway :( At least somewhere in Scandinavia.. His voice is unlike everything i’ve ever heard..it’s so..unexplainable. I know some people call him ”The Next Sinatra” but i disagree. I’ve never heard anything similar.. He’s just plain greatness and maybe in a few decades, another man with an amazing voice starts singing and people will call him ”The Next Michael Buble”