My Reality: Life as a Senior

Kelly Copeland
My life as a senior: It just woke up from a nap and it was fabulous. The only problem is that I can count how many naps I have had this semester on one hand. Why is this such a big deal that I haven’t had a nap in so long? Well it’s because I have been so busy lately. Being in college is all about balance. You have to learn how to balance your homework, classes, extra curriculars and free time. The only problem is I don’t seem to have any free time. Every spare moment of my day is taken up with class, homework, interviews or my internship. I seemed to have forgotten how to relax.
It is easy to get burned out in college so my No. 1 piece of advice is to say no to something sometime and take advantage of a free afternoon. Take a nap, buy that magazine you’ve been reading whenever you’re at the grocery store, watch a movie or call a friend and go out for dinner. Take some time for yourself, it will pay off a lot. When you are relaxed and not over worked or too stressed, you are happier and able to get through the day easier.
So today instead of working on homework (or writing this blog!) I watched some tv took an hour long nap. I feel a lot more refreshed, and a lot more willing to do the reading for class tomorrow.
Now that I have preached, here is a piece of advice from a senior who has had seven semesters without a social life: Participate in the activities that make you happy and do your homework so you can graduate, but don’t forget to have fun on the side. It will pay off and remember you will be out of college after four years and then you really won’t have any free time!