Department of Education
Robert McCann, professor of education, presented “What To Do If…” presentations to students who will be studying abroad for the International Programs Office. The presentation focused on encountering unforeseen circumstances in foreign lands, and how to deal with the situations. He also presented “Preparing for life and academics in England,” an orientation session for England Semester Study-Abroad.
Gennie Harris, associate professor of education, published “Examining disequilibrium in an immersion experience” in Critical Issues in Teacher Education, along with coauthors Carol Brazo and Rebecca Addleman.
Mindy Legard Larson, associate professor of education, co-authored two articles with Donna Kalmbach Phillips:
- “Searching for methodology: Feminist relational materialism and the teacher-student writing conference” was published in Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodology, September 2013, Volume 4, Issue 1, pp. 17-34
- “The teacher-student writing conference reimaged: Entangled becoming-writing conferencing” in Gender and Education, October 2013, Volume 25, Issue 6, pp. 722-737
Department of Music
Anton Belov, assistant professor of music, performed in a variety of location including:
- Featured artist with the Portland Opera, The Big Night, Sept. 21.
- Soloist in the Portland Opera’s production of Salome (Richard Strauss) Nov. 1, 3, 7, 9.
- Featured soloist (Marcello) in the Huntsville Symphony’s production of Puccini’s La bohème Nov. 15 in Huntsville, Ala.
- Featured soloist with the Portland Chamber Orchestra at various locations in December.