Linfield WorldCat: Search Linfield Libraries, Summit and beyond
Linfield WorldCat is the online catalog interface that allows you to search for books, dvds, cds, and articles not only at Linfield College Libraries, but also in our regional catalog Summit and worldwide in WorldCat - all at once. Linfield College resources will show up first, followed by Summit items and then things from WorldCat Libraries. A drop down menu allows you to adjust the search to just Linfield or Summit as well. The older WildCat Classic catalog is still available for finding Linfield-only material (but not articles.)
Limit your Linfield WorldCat results to Books, DVDs, CDs or Articles using the related Tabs before you search. Or search ALL and limit to format, date, or subject later from the results list sidebar.
Linfield WorldCat searching is like Google searching. Type in keywords and get the most relevant titles. Find specific titles using quotes (ex. "A Raisin in the Sun"). Indexing prefixes also work. (ex. ti:a raisin in the sun). (Details on using index prefixes from WSU.)
Below are some other new features. Questions? Comments?
Why can't I find a common book by title?
- If you have a complete exact title, use ti= (example: ti=the old man and the sea). But if you have only a partial title, use quotes or prefix ti: (ex. "the sun also"; ti:the sun also) for best results.
- You can also use prefixes ti:(title) or au:(author) or yr:(year) together (ex. ti:a raisin in the sun au:hansberry yr:1959). More info using prefixes...
What does Linfield WorldCat include?
- Materials at Linfield, Summit (consortium of academic libraries in Washington and Oregon), and Libraries worldwide
- Includes books, journals, media, government publications, maps, and more
- Electronic resources to which the Linfield Libraries provides access
- Over 60 million article citations from NLM Medline (medicine and health), ERIC (education), GPO (U.S. government publications), ArticleFirst and British Library serials (articles from a wide range of international journals in all subjects).
What does it not include?
- Article citations (and linked full text) from dozens of Research Databases. While Linfield WorldCat is a great place to start for finding articles, try more specialized options from the Articles and Databases dropdown on the left sidebar.
What else does Linfield WorldCat do?
- Integrates request and delivery options from the Linfield Libraries, Summit, and WorldCat. Note: Items requested via Summit arrive faster (3-5 days) than those via Libraries Worldwide WorldCat (5-10 days).
- Provides links to full-text content and to Google Books as appropriate
- Contains user-contributed reviews, ratings, and lists
- Allows you to mark, save, email, and export citations
- Lets you choose the interface language: Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, or Spanish
What other resources are available to me?
If you don't find what you want in Linfield WorldCat, try the Linfield-only catalog, WildCat Classic or consult the Library Class Pages and Articles and Databases links from the mainpage left sidebar. . You can always ask us for help.
What happened to old WorldCat?
The older WorldCat (FirstSearch) is a different interface that still exists for searching the same group of Libraries Worldwide - WorldCat Libraries.
What happened to old Summit?
How can I see my Summit account?
You must sign into your Summit account to see your account activity.