EBSCOhost is a multidisciplinary database which indexes articles in popular and scholarly journals.
- Academic Search Premier- This is the one you will probably use most often because it is the most general and it indexes more scholarly journals than MasterFILE Premier.
There are many subject databases in EBSCOhost such as:
- Business Source Premier
- CINAHL (nursing)
- ERIC (Education Resource Information Center)
- Health Source Plus
- MLA Bibliography
NOTE: check the date of coverage of each database by clicking on "more info." Articles published earlier than that date will not be included in the index. Check the EBSCOhost Online Help to learn about how: to search by keyword, subject (L.C. Subject Headings + EBSCO terms) or how to use the advanced search mode; how to use search operators; how to look at and retrieve your articles, and how to cite full text article found in EBSCOhost. Evaluate your sources to be sure they are scholarly enough for the type of articles you need. You can also do a title search in Ulrich's International Directory of Periodicals to see if the journal is scholarly. How do I get articles that are not full text in EBSCOhost? There are four messages about how to get an article in EBSCOhost.
- "HTML Full Text or PDF. " Click on this and you can print or e-mail yourself the full text.
- "Check here to see what issues we have" to see if the library owns the issue you need. (DCE Students should go to Delivery of Library Material to order articles in journals we own.) If we do not own the journal you need, order it through the Interlibrary Loan link on the library homepage.
- "Search for full text." Click here and follow links to see if the article is available full text at another site.
- "Not at Linfield. Request via ILL." If there is no full text link, click on link to request via Interlibrary Loan."