Linfield Center for the Northwest
The LCN is a center created in 2010 at Linfield College which connects undergraduates students to the Pacific Northwest through Internship, Service-Learning, and Collaboriative research, on issues central to the region.
The Linfield Center for the Northwest (LCN) enhances undergraduate education through the active cultivation of a collaborative and experiential learning community. The Center facilitates regionally-based internships, community service and service learning opportunities. Regionally relevant partnerships yield rich opportunities for training, research, service learning, and cultural/artistic exchanges that promote undergraduate learning, student engagement, and produce real-world change.
- Establish long-term experiential learning practices with students which focus on local, regional and global intersections with the Pacific Northwest.
- To foster regionally-based internships: First Federal Internships and Kemper Internships.
- To facilitate regionally-oriented community service and service learning opportunities.
- To promote field experiences and collaborative research projects that are oriented toward issues in the Pacific Northwest or that have regional implications and/or applications.
- To invite visiting scholars who have regional research interests or who share research concerns that have implications for Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.