ADD / ADHD
Every report should be on letterhead, typed, dated, signed and otherwise legible. ADD/ADHD must be verified by a clinician with expertise in the diagnosis of ADD/ADHD, such as a:
- Licensed therapist
- Educational psychologist
We do not accept proof of prescription medication or a doctor's note simply stating they are treating you for ADD/ADHD as sufficient documentation.
Documentation must include:
- Clinician's name, title, license number, phone number, and address; in addition, a summary of all instruments and procedures used to make a diagnosis and the date(s) of the examination.
- A written summary of educational, medical, and family histories and behavioral observations
- A clear statement of the DSM-IV diagnosis
- A summary of evaluations results, including all standardized scores
- Information relating to the current use of medications to treat ADD/ADHD and the impact of the medications on the student's ability to meet academic demands
- A statement of current functional limitations relating to academic performance
- Recommendations for specific academic adjustments support by rationale