Modx - Re-ordering your menu list
As you create resources, Modx will automatically place them below the last item created. When you are building your site, it's helpful to create your resources in the order you wish them displayd. If you wish to re-order your menu, you can, but it takes a bit of simple but repetitive work.
- Begin by opening the topmost page or resource you wish to move in the Modx editor.
- In the top section of the editor, look for the "Menu Index" field. It's down toward the bottom, just above the wysiwyg editor.
- You'll see a number in there. Modx orders your menu begining with "0", so your pages will be numbered "0,1,2,3, etc". Change the number to move the item up or down in the menu. If you want it to be the third item, number it "4", for example (see below):
- Click "Save" and your item will move to the correct place in your menu. Maybe.
- Here's the problem. There are now two resources numbered "4". Modx isn't smart enough to re-number all your pages. You need to ge into each one and change the numbers to reflect the move. It's not hard. Just repeat what you just did. But if you have a big site, you can see where this might warrant the hiring of a workstudy student, one you've been wanting to punish perhaps, to do this.