Outlook 2011 - Folder Sharing
You can share an email folder (or an account) with a co-worker and give them a permission level ranging from Owner (full access) to Reviewer (read-only access) depending on what activity you would like them to perform with the email messages inside.
The following steps are for sharing an email folder that is located within/under the Inbox. If you need assistance with this, please contact ITS support at email@example.com
Add permission to your Mailbox. Right-click (or ctrl + click) on the account name found on the left in the folder list and a menu will pop up with an option called Click on and the window will open.
Select the user to add. Click the button and then type in the username you would like to add and click the button. Select the correct user from the matched names by clicking on it then clicking the button.
Assign permissions to the user. Click on the name of the user that now appears in the window and then click on the drop down menu arrows and select from the list of permissions then click the button.
Add user to your Inbox. Right-click on the and follow steps 1 and 2 above to add the user. Permissions should be set to none. Do not perform step 3 on your inbox unless you want all the emails in your inbox to be visible.
Add permission to the folder. Now you can right-click on each folder you would like to share and follow steps 1 to 3. The permission levels explained below apply to the folder or mailbox item they are assigned and to any subfolders.
• Owner – Create, read, modify, and delete any Address Book. Calendar, private or public folders and Mail folder items. Owner can also change the permission level others have for the folder.
• Publishing Editor – Create, read, modify, and delete all items, and create subfolders.
• Editor – Create, read, modify, and delete all items.
• Publishing Author – Create and read items, create subfolders, and modify and delete items you create.
• Author – Create and read items, and modify and delete items you create.
• Nonediting Author – Create and read items, and delete items that you create.
• Contributor – Create items only.
• Reviewer – Read items only.
• None – Can't perform any activity. The user has no permission and can't open the folder.
Open the Account Delegate window. Click on from the menu at the top of the screen then choose from the drop down menu. With the Accounts window open click on the button to open the advanced dialog window. Next, click on the tab.
Add the user sharing a folder. Under the window click on the button to add a name. The window will open and you can enter the name and click then choose the name from the matched list and click the button.
Open the folder. Close the accounts window and you should see a new mailbox name with any folders shared to you listed under the This will appear in the left pane below the folders of your mailbox.
Select the folder. Right-click on the folder that you would like to stop sharing and click on to open the window.
Remove the permissions. Click on the name of the user you would like to remove and click the button then click on the button.