Integrated Technology Services
Outlook - Sorting the Message List
|Sorting using Column Headers
- You can sort your email by clicking once on any message column header
that you have displayed.
- To switch between ascending and descending sort, click the indented
up – or downward pointing arrow within the header.
Go to View menu -> Arrange by -> Show in
- Show in Groups – divides
and breaks your email list into day, week, or
month subgroups (today, yesterday, days of the
weeks, last week, 2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, last
month, etc.). If you would like you email listed
continuously without subgroups, uncheck this feature.
Go to View menu -> Arrange by -> Custom
- Customize View: Messages dialog window
- Choose Sort button.
- A Sort dialog window appears.
- In Sort Items By field, click on the
black drop down arrow for a submenu and choose from
the list, then click on Ascending or Descending.
- Use Then By to further customize the
sort if desired.