- New Email Message
Email addresses are a combination of user name, the @character, and a domain
name. Every email address is unique, usually by the username. The domain name
is normally reflective of the company, institution or ISP that the user has
service with. The domain name will also contain a suffix that indicates the
kind of organization that it is: .com – commercial, .net – network,
.org – organization, .edu – educational, .g0v – government.
a New Email
1. To start a new email message choose you can -
- Go to File menu -> New -> Mail
- Click on New button in
- Click on the black drop down arrows
next to the New button and choose Mail
Message from the submenu.
- Press Ctrl key + N key on your keyboard.
2. A Untitled Message window will appear with
the flashing cursor in the To: field.
3.Start typing the name/email address in the To: field that
you wish to send to.
- A list of ‘match’ names will appear for you
to choose from (keep typing to shorten the match list).
- Click to select the name/email address to you want from
the list and it will automatically be entered into the To:
- You can do this for the Cc: and the Bcc: fields also.
- Repeat the process for additional names.
Other option for adding names in the To: field -
- Click on the Address Book icon in
- A Select Names dialog box will appear
- Show Names From The – Choose Global
Address List from the drop down menu.
- Start typing in the name of the person you wish to add
to your list – a list of names will appear below
for you to choose from.
- Select/highlight the name you want
to add from the list.
Click on the Member button at the bottom – the
name will appear in the field to the right of the button.
- Repeat this until you have all the names you want
in your Distribution List (if needed, you can change
the address book you are selecting names from in the
Show Names From The: list).
- Click OK button and the names will appear in the appropriate
you are ready to send your message you can –
- Click Send button -
- File menu -> Save – saves
a copy of
- File menu -> Save
As – brings
save a copy
- Click on the
Options button - a Message
Options dialog box
Option section -
Before - click
choose a date
of delivery and
choose a time
next to it.
- Click on the Close button.
- Click ont the Send button.
- This email will be placed in
your Outbox email folder
until the chosen time of delivery.