Outlook 2007 - Sharing Email Folders
You can share an email folder with a co-worker and give them a permission level ranging from Owner (full access) to Reviewer (read-only access) depending on what activity you would like them to perform with those email messages.
1. Select/highlight the mailbox you would like to share.
2. Press the Ctrl key on the keyboard and mouse click on the highlighted mailbox OR Right Mouse Click on the highlighted mailbox.
3. Choose Sharing... from the submenu that appears.
4. A dialog window will appear with the Folder Name at the top.
5. Click on the Add button.
6. An Add Users dialog window will appear.
7. Global Address List should appear in Show Names from the field on the right.
8. Start typing in the name of the person you would like to share the folder with in the Type Name field on the left. A list of match names will appear, select the name you want and click on the Add button located at the bottom.
9. Repeat the process until you have all the names listed that you want to share the folder with at the bottom.
10. Click the OK button.
11. You will return to the dialog window with the Folder Name at the top.
12. The users name will appear in this dialog window, make sure these user names are selected/highlighted.
• Owner – Create, read, modify, and delete all Address Book Calendar, private and public folder, and Mail folder items. User can change the permission levels others have for the folder.
• Publishing Editor – Create, read, modify, and delete all items, and create subfolders.
• Editor – Create, read, modify, and delete all items.
• Publishing Author – Create and read items, create subfolders, and modify and delete items you create.
• Author – Create and read items, and modify and delete items you create.
• Nonediting Author – Create and read items, and delete items that you create.
• Contributor – Create items only.
• Reviewer – Read items only.
• Custom – Perform activities defined by the folder owner.
• None – No perform any activity. The user has no permission and cannot open the folder.
14. Click Apply button.
15. Click OK button.
16. Please see special NOTES below for sharing email folders.
NOTE 1: To share an email folder directly under Mailbox, you also need to grant Reviewer (Read Items & Folder Visible) Permission Level of your Mailbox to the other person for them to be able to see/access any email folder below it.
NOTE 2: To share an email folder under Inbox, you need to grant Reviewer (Read Items & Folder Visible) Permission Levels of your Mailbox , and grant Folder Visible Permission of your Inbox (people will NOT be ablet to read your email with Folder Visible Permission).
1. Go to Tools menu -> E-mail Accounts.
2. A Email Accounts dialog window will appear.
a) Under the Email Section select the radio button View or Change Existing Email Accounts.
b) Click Next button.
3. Another Email Accounts dialog window will appear.
a) Select/Highlight Microsoft Exchange Server account.
b) Click Change button.
4. Click More Settings button.
5. A Microsoft Exchange Server dialog window will appear
a) Choose Advanced tab.
b) Click on Add button.
6. A Add Mailbox dialog window will appear.
a) Type in the name of the person/user who is sharing their email folder with you.
b) Click OK button.
7. Click Apply button
8. Click OK button
9. Click Next button
10. Click Finish button
11. You will see the User's Folder/Mailbox added to your Folder List (+ Mailbox -User Name).
a) Click on the plus (+) sign next to the User’s Name and the email folder they have shared with you will be listed.
b) Click on the shared email folder to view the list of emails that it contains.
1. Select/highlight the mailbox you would like to unshare.
2. Press the Ctrl key on the keyboard and Mouse Click on the highlighted mailbox OR Right Mouse Click on the highlighted mailbox.
3. Click on Sharing... from the submenu that appears.
4. Select/highlight the persons name you like to unshare.
5. Click on Remove button.
6. Click Apply button.
7. Click OK button.