Integrated Technology Services
Entourage - Message Rules
Message Rules can instruct Entourage to automatically perform
actions on incoming or outgoing email.
Creating Message Rules
1. Go to Tools menu -> Rules.
2. A Rules dialog window will open.
- Select the Mail (Exchange) tab.
- Click on the New icon .
- Click on the black drop down arrown next to
- A submenu appears, choose Mail (Exchange).
3. A Edit Rule dialog window will appear.
4. Rule Name field - fill in this field with the name of the new rule.
5. If section –
Specifies the type of message
- Execute drop down choices -
- If any criteria are met
- If all criteria are met
- Unless any criteria are met
- Unless all criteria are met
- Criterion drop down choices -
- Specifies the type of message to process (All Messages, From,
etc.) click on the black drop down arrow and a submenu will
appear with a list of choices.
6. Then section -
Specifies the action(s) that will be taken.
- Clicking on the black drop
down menu and a submenu will appear with a list of choices. The second
Action field will yield a different list of choices depending on what
you choose in the first Action field.
7. Optional - If the Do not apply other rules to messages that
meet these criteria check box is checked then no additional
rules will be applied to the message.
8. Click check box for Enabled.
9. Click OK button.
10. Activate the Rule
- Go to Messages menu
- Choose All Rules – activates all the Rules
in the list
- Choose/select this newly created Rule from the
list - this ‘choosing’ activates