Datatel Graphic User Interfaces
Linfield Provides two graphic interfaces for accessing Colleague. Datatel’s User Interface Web allows you to access Colleague on or off campus from a web browser on any platform.
We also provide the User Interface Desktop which only works on the PC platform and requires the downloading of client software. Instructions for downloading and installing it are below.
The system requirements for Datatel’s User Interface Web are:
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6 or later, OR Mozilla 1.7 or later, OR Firefox 1.0 or later
- Linux: Mozilla 1.7 or later OR Firefox 1.0 or later
- Macintosh: Safari 1.1 or later
- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 - please note that anything above 1.5 Will Not Work.
NOTES: * The applet will not run on a Microsoft Java virtual machine.
* User Interface Web does NOT work in the Macintosh Internet Explorer browser.
Use your Colleague login and make sure you select the proper “Database” (e.g. collive). The first time you log in, the application will have to be changed. Click on the “Apps” menu and select an application (e.g. ST, CF, FR).
User Interface Desktop
Datatel’s User Interface Desktop allows you to access Colleague from an on campus Windows PC.
The system requirements for User Interface Desktop are:
- Operating system: Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- Connection to the Internet
- Free disk space: 25 MB
Please contact ITS Academic Computing to request Datatel installation.