Catnet Password Changes
Effective Monday, April 25, 2016, there will be a new process to change your Catnet password when it expires and to retrieve your password if you have forgotten it.
The password manager tool on the Linfield website will be retired and all password changes will now be done through WebAdvisor. You will still receive several notifications via email before your password actually expires.
To change your password before it expires:
- Login to WebAdvisor (webadvisor.linfield.edu) with your current password
- Click on Change Password (lower right menu)
- Enter your user ID, your old password, a new password and a password hint
- Click Submit
To change your password after it expires or if you have forgotten your password:
- Access WebAdvisor (webadvisor.linfield.edu)
- Click on What’s My Password (lower right menu)
- Select Reset my password
- Enter your last name and your Colleague ID number (this is your staff ID number)
- WebAdvisor will return a list of email addresses, including a non-Linfield email address.
- Choose the non-Linfield email and click Submit
- An email with your temporary password will be sent to the email address you selected. Check your email to retrieve your temporary password.
- Login to WebAdvisor with your temporary password. You will be prompted to change your password immediately.
The requirements for a new password are also changing. Your existing password will not be affected by these new requirements until the next time you change it. The new requirements are:
- Minimum length: 8 characters
- Maximum length: 24 characters
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lower case letter
- At least one number
- You can use non-alphanumeric characters (not required) except for the following: ; \ ? : @ & = < >