Year Abroad in Spain
Linfield partners with Spanish Studies Abroad to offer the following 3 locations in Spain:
- Located in Southern Spain and a population of 700,000.
- Seville is known for their pride in their city and is well known in the film industry.
- Located on the Southeastern coast of Spain along the Mediterranean Sea.
- Home to many historic castles and cathedrals
- More integrated into the Spanish university than other 2 locations
- Located on the Northeastern coast of Spain along the Mediterranean Sea.
- Yearlong: early September - late May
- Seville Academics
- 1st semester - take classes at program site
- 2nd semester - students have the option of taking two classes at the University of Seville along with classes at the program site
- Alicante Academics
- Pre-program course - students take part in a 3 week intensive Spanish language course
- 1st & 2nd semester - students take all of their courses in Spanish with other Spanish students
- Barcelona Academics
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona is one of the most rigorous universities in Spain
- It is recommended students complete their first semester in Seville or Alicante and then attend Barcelona for their spring semester
- All participants are required to take or audit the appropriate level of Spanish in the semester directly preceding their study abroad in Spain.
- Minimum of 2 years of college-level Spanish (elem and intermediate) required
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Barcelona & Alicante require 3.0
- Preference given to students with a 3.0 GPA in Spanish language