Semester Abroad in Norway
"When I arrived in Bø, Norway I had a lot of fear of the unknown and was tempted to stay inside my shell and comfort zone. But as the snow melted and winter turned to spring, I grew and blossomed. I have so much more confidence now at the end of my journey than I did at the beginning. I believe in my abilities and myself more strongly. I am at peace with leaving as hard as it was. I had a wonderful five months in Norway. I made so many friends from all over the world and I went outside of my comfort zone to make new experiences and adventures. As the saying goes, 'Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened'."
Amber Hay '14
- Oslo & Akershus University College (AUC) - located Oslo.
- University College of Southeast Norway (HSN) - Located in the small town of Bø, approximately a two-hour train ride to Oslo.
- Fall (Mid-August to mid-December)
- Spring (Mid-January to mid-May)
- Multiple academic fields
- Students take regular classes at the universities with other students from around the world as well as Norwegians.
- All courses available for international students are taught in English.
- Norwegian language courses available.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- No language requirement
- Both universities assist students in arranging apartment housing within walking distance.
- Students prepare their own meals.