Semester Abroad in Norway
"When I arrived in Bø, Norway I had a lot of fear of the unknown and was tempted to stay inside my shell and comfort zone. But as the snow melted and winter turned to spring, I grew and blossomed. I have so much more confidence now at the end of my journey than I did at the beginning. I believe in my abilities and myself more strongly. I am at peace with leaving as hard as it was. I had a wonderful five months in Norway. I made so many friends from all over the world and I went outside of my comfort zone to make new experiences and adventures. As the saying goes, 'Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened'."
Amber Hay '14
Students can choose to study at:
- Oslo & Akershus University College (AUC)- located in the heart of Oslo.
- Telemark University College - Located in the small town of Bø, approximately a two-hour train ride to Oslo.
This program is available either fall or spring semester. The dates below are approximate, as these can vary, depending on the student's individual course of study.
- Mid-August to mid-December
- Mid-January to mid-May
- Students take regular classes at the universities with other students from around the world as well as Norwegians.
- All courses available for international students are taught in English.
- Norwegian language courses are also available.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA is preferred at the time of application.
- No language requirement.
- Both universities assist students in arrangment apartment housing within walking distance.
- Students prepare their own meals.
Information on safety, suggested spending budget, student guides, etc.
Detailed program brochure