Semester Abroad in Hong Kong
"When a few of my friends from Linfield said it would change the way I looked at life I didn’t believe them. I have become a different person in a good way by being in this type of environment with Hong Kong locals and exchange students. I am so glad I picked Hong Kong. It has been such a great experience and one I will always remember. Every student who goes to Linfield College needs to study abroad. It’s a once in a life time opportunity that will change the way life is lived. I have come out a better person with real world knowledge just by living in a country completely different than my own. Having a wide range of knowledge about other parts of the world can only benefit one’s life."
Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
- Spend a semester in Hong Kong, the financial and international trade center of China.
- Hong Kong is a cosmopolitan city that combines traditional Chinese culture and 21st century life.
- View one of the most famous panoramas in the world from Victoria Peak.
- Visit one of the world's largest outdoor Buddhas on nearby Lantau Island.
- Hong Kong people always show their amazingly robust energy and passion.
- With HKBU’s students’ warmness and passion toward all the overseas exchange students, expect to be swept up into the many on and off campus activities.
- Hong Kong is a good representation for the virtue of Ren in Chinese philosophy – Confucianism, where people show an obligation of altruism and humanness for other individuals wihin a community.
This is a direct exchange program, so every year students from HKBU will study at Linfield for a semester or year. Check with firstname.lastname@example.org in order to meet them personally and ask questions about their school and country.
- Fall: late August - mid December
- Spring: mid January - end of May
- Hong Kong Baptist University Academics
- Students select from a wide curriculum taught in English at HKBU. There are also optional, faculty-led opportunities.
- Credits taken on this program may apply towards a Chinese Studies or Asian Studies Minor. Contact Professor Chris Keaveney for further details: email@example.com or call 503.883.2584.
- Students live in an international dormitory during their study at HKBU.