Semester Abroad in France
Linfield College has entered into partnerships with 3 institutions in France as program options for minors and majors in French. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the program websites:
More detailed information on these locations can be found on the French Department's Website.
- All participants are required to take or audit the appropriate level of French in the semester directly preceding their study abroad in France as described above.
- A minimum 2.75 cum GPA is required.
- Preference is given students who have at least a B average in their French language.
- On the basis of an application and supporting documents, a selection committee judges each applicant to determine motivation, readiness, and academic preparation for this study abroad experience. Qualified candidates will be invited to interview with the French language faculty. If accepted, students must then complete the application materials for the overseas institution.
- Students may choose from either fall or spring semesters or majors may apply for the year.
- Besides French language, students choose from a wide array of electives at each site.
- AUCP in Aix requires a community service project. Students can also choose from a large range of clubs, teams or cultural endeavors, cultivating their personal interests. There is an additional membership fee for these, payable to AUCP.
Internships, Work Study, and Extra-Curricular Activities
The Linfield French Department has information about Internships, Work Study, and Extra-Curricular Activities in France.