Semester Abroad in England
"The importance of this program is hard to put into words -studying abroad was undoubtedly the best experience of my life. There were so many benefits to studying in England, but I feel that the most important were actually living and immersing myself in a completely different culture and gaining a sense of independence."
The University of Nottingham
- One of the UK's most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities, alive with culture and nightlife
- The University of Nottingham has a reputation for excellence, recognized as one of the leading universities in the UK.
- Live in a British residence hall and take classes with British classmates.
- London is just a 2-hour train ride away for theater, museums, and concerts.
- The semester program in Nottingham is offered in the fall only.
- It runs from approximately mid-September through the end of January.
- There is a 3-week winter break from mid-December to the first part of January when students are required to move out of their residence halls. Some storage is available for belongings. Limited on-campus housing is available for a separate fee paid to the University. Students often use this time to travel. Early planning is advised.
- Nottingham Academics
- After a 1-week orientation at Nottingham, students register for courses from the curriculum offered at the University.
- The program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good standing with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- It is highly recommended that students take TCCA 230 (Intercultural Communication: Global Perspectives). Courses in European history, literature, and politics (such as Europe Since 1500, Comparative Politics, Modern England, the English Literature Survey courses, and Irish Literature) also provide excellent preparation.
- Linfield students live in University residence halls that include meals in the hall's dining room, allowing for the opportunity to mingle with other British students as well as students from all over the world.
"I am really going to miss England and will definitely try to come back for a visit in the future! I would definitely recommend study abroad in general, and of course with emphasis to England, to other Linfield students. The cultural, educational, and personal growing experiences of study abroad in England are very worthwhile and irreplaceable to me and in general."