Semester Abroad in China
"I would highly recommend the Immersion Program to future American students seriously studying Chinese since my Chinese has far exceeded the level which I thought I might achieve by the end of this semester. I cannot praise the CSI Immersion teachers enough for the amount time and energy they put in everyday to help us reach our goals. I truly hope that this program continues to maintain its excellent standards and provide future American students with the tools they need to thrive in China."
Erin Carson, '15
Explore the dynamics of China's development through study in Beijing at The China Studies Institute hosted at Peking University, one of the top global universities.
Students may choose either fall or spring semester:
- End of August to mid-December
- Mid-January to end of April
- Students can select from a large variety of courses, taught in English.
- Students may apply for the Chinese Language Immersion program
- 3.2 cumulative GPA and a year of previous Chinese language are required when applying to this program.
- Part-time internships available.
- Weekend and week-long excursions are offered.
- Credits taken on this program may apply towards a Chinese Studies or Asian Studies Minor. Contact Professor Chris Keaveney for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.883.2584.
- Students usually stay in campus dorms.
- Meals can be purchased in the cafeteria or in one of many nearby restaurants.
- The Chinese immersion program has on or off campus options.