Semester Abroad in Australia
Students can choose to study at:
- James Cook University - which has 2 campuses locations
- Deakin University - which has 3 campuses locations
- Students with diverse majors may enroll in a wide variety of regular classes.
- Hundreds of subjects are available for you to choose from, including areas as diverse as coral reef ecology, rain forest science, indigenous Australian studies, digital arts, media arts, sport and exercise science, and liberal arts, just to name a few!
- Most locations also offer field trips and excursions available upon sign up. All are located on the eastern and southeastern coastal areas.
- The academic year in Australia is the reverse of the USA. Available both spring and fall terms (the academic year is opposite of the U.S.A.):
- FIrst of February to mid-June or
- FIrst of July to mid-November
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application is required for all University locations in Australia.
- Students stay in University-arranged housing and cook their own meals.
Linfield student interviews her Australian roommate.
Information on safety, suggested spending budget, students guide, etc.