Semester/Year Abroad Programs
- Acquire a deeper and more profound understanding of different cultures.
- A semester or year abroad provides skills and outlooks that are valued in today’s competitive workplace.
- Learn a second language and attain a perspective that is receptive and sensitive to cross-cultural traditions and differences.
- The number of students is limited for each program and selection is competitive.
- On the basis of an application, supporting documents, and a personal interview, a selection committee judges each applicant in terms of personal maturity, motivation, and academic preparation for a study abroad experience.
- Students cannot participate in both a semester and Jan Term abroad in the same academic year without first consulting with the International Programs Office.
Semester Abroad Resources
For additional questions, please contact the International Programs Office, Walker Hall (Suite 120) or call 503-883-2222. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linfield Semester Programs by Terms
- Austria: Vienna
- England: Nottingham
- Japan: Yokohama
Fall & Spring
- Australia: James Cook & Deakin
- China: Beijing
- Ecuador: Quito & Galapagos
- France: Aix-en-Provence, Marseille, Angers
- Germany: Nürtingen-Geislingen University
- Korea: Seoul
- New Zealand: Waikato, Otago, & Canterbury
- Norway: Oslo & Bø
- Senegal: Dakar
- Germany: Heidelberg
- Japan: Tokyo & Kyoto
- Spain: Sevilla, Alicanta, & Barcelona
Quotes from Previous Study Abroad Participants
"Every student who goes to Linfield College needs to study abroad. It’s a once in a life time opportunity that will change the way life is lived. I have come out a better person with real world knowledge just by living in a country completely different than my own. Having a wide range of knowledge about other parts of the world can only benefit one’s life."
- Daniel Hellinger
"It’s been a wild ride, that’s for sure. It was everything and nothing I expected it to be. It was the best and worst to be so far away from home. It was so easy and so stressful to jump into this new, beautiful culture. This semester feels like it has lasted a lifetime but ended in a blink of an eye."
- Mary Beth Jones
"'All people are the same; only their habits differ.' I couldn’t agree more and studying abroad is one of the best ways to truly understand this message."