Jan Term Program Application, Fees and Notes
*** Students: please share all this information, particular that which pertains to costs, with your parents before making a decision to apply.
Jan Term '14 Information Sessions:
- Portland campus: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013. Noon presentation overview of all the JT '14 off-campus courses in the Wildcat Den.
- McMinnville campus: February 13 & 19: table in the foyer of Dillin Hall during dinner time.
Costs NOT included in the January Term Program Fee:
- Cost of meals before departure, during and after the program; however, a few group meals may be included in the Program Fee.
- Students should plan on spending an additional $600-$900 for on-site meals and personal expenses, depending on location (this range was provided by past participants).
- Per credit fee for JT'14 is tentatively $212 per credit x 4. The fee will be finalized by the Board of Trustees at their next meeting. All JT off-campus courses are 4 credits. A $500 deposit is due once accepted. This will be applied as a credit when Jan Term costs are billed on December 1.
- Costs associated with passports and visa fees are the responsibility of each student. Linfield will help to facilitate the visa processes and students' accounts will be charged accordingly.
- Passport copies for international courses and drivers' license copies for domestic courses will be due no later than May 1, 2013. If copies are not turned in on-time, participation in a JT'14 off-campus program will be jeopardized. See Student Agreement Form in the application for details. Passports must be valid at least until August, 2014.
- Withdrawals after May 1, 2013 will result in full penalty of both the land and air. See Student Agreement Form in the application for details: section 1, C-4.
- Airfare: Linfield will pay the cost of the student's first round-trip air transportation from Portland, for eligible, tuition-paying, students. Please see the current college catalog for details.
- For Jan Term, please indicate your first, second and third choices. Students not accepted to their first choice for a Jan Term course will automatically have their applications forwarded to the professor leading their second or third choice, depending on course enrollment.