Costs & Aid
- The cost of a semester or year abroad in any of Linfield’s administered programs is similar to the cost of a semester on the McMinnville campus, depending on the program selected.
- Participants pay regular Linfield tuition and a program fee unique to each site.
- The regular financial aid package awarded by the College can be applied to all Linfield-administered semester/year programs.
- Linfield pays for the round trip airfare of the student’s first experience abroad.
- Students are responsible for:
- Passport, visa and luggage fees (some countries require visa application documents to be submitted in person at their consulate. Typical consulate locations for Oregon residents include San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle, but could be elsewhere)
- Any required inoculations
- Expenses for local transportation, independent travel
- Food and lodging not covered by the program (for example, during the vacation periods when classes are not in session),
- Other out of pocket expenses
- Previous participants’ estimates of suggested personal budgets are included for each semester abroad website in the Information Packet.
- Scholarships - There are many scholarships available to Linfield student studying abroad.