Linfield International Ambassadors
Download Ambassador Application
This program seeks to enhance cross-cultural understanding and awareness among students. Linfield International Ambassadors are students who are willing to room with an international student and participate in activities with them when appropriate/convenient.
There are many benefits to students:
- Participation in the program will boost consideration for January Term and semester abroad applications. Make sure to state this in your application form and at the faculty interview.
- Ambassadors will receive priority for Fall Housing Registration (The international roommate will add 45 phantom credits to the total to allow for priority housing.). Anyone registering to live with an international student may only select a standard double room for housing.
- Upon successful completion of the program, ambassadors will receive a strong recommendation from the International Programs Office (IPO) for graduate school or job applications. Please discuss this opportunity with the director of international programs when you have successfully completed your housing assignment with an international student.
- International ambassadors will be invited to participate in IPO programs and events, such as welcome and farewell receptions each semester
- When appropriate, international ambassadors are encouraged to invite their roommates home during breaks and holidays
- Two international ambassadors will be recognized at closing convocation each year and will receive a gift from the IPO for their goodwill service to the Linfield community.
Linfield students may apply to the International Ambassador Program by completing a form available on the websites of Student Affairs and International Programs. You will be notified by Student Affairs by April 29 whether you will be able to reserve a spot in your room for an international student.