Linfield College Lecture Quiz
Are you ready for the exciting challenge of a US classroom?
Watch this brief video clip from a sociology class lecture to test your listening comprehension and note-taking skills.
Move your mouse over the picture to find the play button. Please keep track of your answers and score on a piece of paper.
Click on the Answer button to see the correct answer and the next question.
Listen for general ideas and answer these questions (1 - 4).
1. What would be the best subtitle for this part of the lecture?
- Power and Prestige
- How Boys Become Men and Girls Become Women
- Inequality of Male and Female Characteristics
- Gender Role Stratification
2. What are some masculine characteristics the professor mentions?
- weak and dependent
- indirect and visual
- decisive and logical
- strong and independent
3. How does society send messages about gender roles?
- by giving books to boys and girls
- visually, directly, and indirectly
- through public education
- all three
4. What is an example of a direct message that society sends regarding gender roles?
- Here is how to be a man.
- Here is how to be a woman.
- Oh, boys don’t cry.
- Independence is better than dependence.