ELCP Mission and Goals
Enable international students to fully participate and achieve success in an American cultural and college experience, using English effectively in academic classes, on campus, and in the broader community.
ELCP Program Goals
- Acquire oral language skills to function with confidence in formal and informal conversations in social and academic settings.
- Develop writing skills to prepare essays, reports, or analytical papers on academic topics using appropriate grammar and discourse patterns.
- Develop reading skills to understand factual and descriptive information in non-technical prose as well as various literary genres.
- Gain an understanding of the cultures of the United States and demonstrate the ability to function interactively with the target cultures.
- Share own unique cultural perspectives, languages, and worldviews through coursework and experiential activities.