2012-13 TopCat Club Fund Report
Victoria Thompson ’15 is grateful to those who’ve joined the TopCat Club at Linfield College. A business major from Newberg, Ore., she plays middle blocker on the Linfield volleyball team. It is because of generous support from TopCat Club members that her games can stream live online so family and friends can cheer her on, regardless of their location. Victoria knows that the improved facilities where she and her teammates train are due to TopCat Club support. She can walk past the memories of legends from years ago in the new Linfield Athletics Hall of Fame and be inspired by their success. Victoria is grateful for gifts that make these experiences possible.
Your gifts to the TopCat Club enhance the quality of the Linfield’s 19 NCAA Division III varsity sports teams and benefit more than 490 student–athletes like Victoria. Students recognize these enhancements in their respective sports and are inspired by your generosity. Thank you for your support of the TopCat Club!
“After I graduate, I plan on giving back to the Linfield Athletics Department, just like donors to the TopCat Club have done for me.” - Victoria Thompson ’15
2012-13 TopCat Club Overview
Total Donors: 217
Dollars Raised: $90,248
Here are some of the projects that were made possible in 2012-13 through your gifts to the TopCat Club:
- TopCat funds helped cover a portion of the costs for constructing new foul ball netting at the baseball field.
- The Steve and Ann Pickering Fitness Center was upgraded with new protective flooring.
- A stainless steel ice bath was installed at the football stadium.
- New uniforms were purchased for three athletic teams.
- New equipment was purchased to expand live video streaming capabilities for home volleyball and basketball games.
- Linfield captured Northwest Conference championships in football, softball and baseball.
- The Linfield baseball team captured the NCAA Division III championship. This was the program’s first of the NCAA era and third overall (including NAIA titles in 1966 and 1971). The club set numerous records, including an all-time high of 42 victories.
- The Wildcats softball team won its tenth straight Northwest Conference crown and went 3-0 at the NWC Tournament to qualify for postseason play in Tyler, Texas.
- Linfield football achieved its third undefeated regular season in four years, advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA playoffs and extended its all-divisions record of consecutive winning seasons to 57.
- Track & Field standout Anna LaBeaume broke the Linfield record, captured her second consecutive Northwest Conference title and qualified for the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track & Field Championships in the hammer throw.
- Baseball players Chris Haddeland, Tim Wilson and Jake Wylie were honored as ABCA and D3baseball.com first team All-Americans. Haddeland was also named National Pitcher of the Year.
- Women’s soccer players Emily Fellows and Emily Allison were selected as the Northwest Conference Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year, respectively. Fellows was also chosen as an All-American, and Allison was named to the All-West Region Team, by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
- Golfer Adam Ruben captured medalist honors at the Northwest Conference Championship Tournament and earned first team all-NWC honors.
- Swimmers Nikki Overton (1,650- and 500-yard freestyle) and Kelcie Kimura (100 freestyle) accounted for three program records at the NWC Championships.
- A total of 64 Wildcats received all-conference recognition
- Individually or as part of a team, 86 Wildcats competed in NCAA playoffs/championships
We are grateful for you support of Wildcat athletics and our student-athletes. For more information on Linfield athletics, please visit the Linfield Athletics home page.
For more information about making a gift to Linfield, contact Nicole West, director of annual giving, by email or at 503.883.2492.