Linfield parents play a key role in Linfield’s financial strength. Every year, a growing number of parents express their support for the college with a gift to the Linfield Fund. In fact, last year 737 Linfield families made annual gifts in support of Linfield.
How your gifts help Linfield students
Parent donors directly enhance the educational experience for their own children and all Linfield students. Here’s how:
- This year, the annual cost for tuition, room, board, and fees is $39,164 per student. Because the true cost of a Linfield education is about $45,430.00 (approximately 16% more than full tuition), your annual gift to the Linfield Fund helps bridge the gap between tuition and the true cost of educating students at Linfield.
- Gifts directed to financial aid help Linfield admit the most qualified students regardless of family income. Last year, more than 90% of Linfield students received financial aid.
- Gifts to the Linfield Fund also are investments in vital resources and opportunities, such as new library books, classroom technology, faculty and student research, as well as student financial aid.
- Your philanthropic support of Linfield is a powerful endorsement. In fact, many parents honor Linfield’s lifelong influence by continuing to give after their students have graduated.
- Learn about the impact of annual giving.
Parent volunteers assist our efforts to encourage fellow Linfield parents to join in supporting the college with their time, advocacy and philanthropy. They also participate in on-campus and regional events, and share their experiences as Linfield parents.
The Parents Council encourages parents’ annual giving and involvement as ways to express satisfaction with the undergraduate experience of their sons and daughters. Gifts from parents help Linfield secure its position among the nation’s top small liberal arts colleges. Learn more about the Parents Council Leadership Team.
Gifts to the Linfield Fund can be made online, by phone, or by mail. Linfield also welcomes gifts of stock or securities or through a matching company.
To learn more about volunteering or making a gift, contact Debbie Harmon, director of alumni and parent relations by email or at 503-883-2607.