Creating a Screensaver
There may be some variations to these instructions depending on your operating system.
- Save zipped image file to “My Pictures"
- Go to “My Computer” and navigate to “My Pictures”
- Right click on “1024” folder (may say 600 0r 768) and select “Extract All”
- Extract folder into “My Documents” not “My Pictures”. If you extract them into "My Pictures", that whole folder becomes your screensaver
- Once you've got the images extracted and in a folder of their own inside "My Documents", open your control panel and select “Display”
- Select the “Screensaver” tab
- Select “My Pictures Slideshow” in the screensaver menu
- Select “Options”
- Select the “1024” folder in "My Documents" from the “Use pictures from this folder” menu
- Select “OK”. You're done!
- Save the zipped file to your desktop or someplace you can find
- Navigate to the downloaded file on your computer. Double click on the zipped file icon on to unzip the file
- Open iPhoto
- Select “Import to Library” from File menu
- Navigate to the 1024 (or 600 or 768 depending on the size you downloaded) folder you just unzipped
- Click “Import”
- Click “New Album” in File menu
- Name the album "Linfield"
- Copy the newly imported images into the album (they’ll be under the “Last Import” option in the left menu or just go down to the bottom of your iPhoto library
- Open up “Desktop & Screen Saver" in "System Preferences" (You're almost there!)
- Select the "Screen Saver" tab
- Select “Linfield” folder from left window. You're done!