Federal TEACH Grant Federal TEACH Grant: this grant is available to Linfield education and pre-education majors. The grant amount is up to $3,716* annually and is not based on financial need. Students who receive a federal TEACH Grant must complete a service obligation by serving as a highly-qualified teacher in a designated high-need field at a low-income school for four years within eight years of completing a TEACH Grant eligible program. Failure to complete teaching service will result in the TEACH Grant being converted to an unsubsidized Stafford loan with retroactive interest.
- Information about the TEACH Grant is available from the US Department of Education .
- Check back here after July 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 TEACH Grant application for Linfield College
- Students must complete an online Agreement to Serve (ATS) with the US Department of Education each year they receive a TEACH Grant.
- The Directory of Low Income Schools is available here .
- The listing of "high-need" fields by state is available here.
- The Listing of Teacher shortage is available here .
*Due to the Sequester passed by Congress in 2013, any TEACH Grant award where the first disbursement is made after March 1, 2013 (including both 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 awards) must be reduced by 7.1 percent from the award amount for which the student would otherwise have been eligible to receive, which was up to $4,000.