Information for Current Students
Financial aid information for Linfield College is available in the College Catalog. The Catalog will give you all the necessary information regarding loans, scholarships, need-based grants, and requirements to maintain financial aid or you can view the various financial aid programs by navigating through them on our Financial Aid Menu.
The Cost of Attendance that the Office of Financial Aid uses to calculate a student's financial aid eligibility includes Tuition, Fees, Room, Board, Books and Supplies, Personal and Transportation, as well as Loan Fees for student's borrowing a Federal Direct Stafford Loan.
Should you or your family have special circumstances that you would like our office to consider after filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), review, complete and submit the 2017-2018 Request for Special Circumstances form along with supporting documentation you would like our office to review.
In order to prepare your financial aid award, the Office of Financial Aid has the following process outlined below for continuing Linfield students attending the McMinnville campus. Review the procedures below for current students planning to continue their enrollment at Linfield and who wish to receive a financial aid award offer for the 2017-2018 academic year:
2017-2018 Procedures for Continuing Students:
The Office of Financial Aid mailed a post card home in late September 2016 to the student and their family about the early-FAFSA being available starting October 1, 2016 and the use of 2015 tax information on the 2017-2018 FAFSA. In November 2016 our office sent notifications to student's Linfield email about renewing financial aid for the 2017-2018 academic year, which includes -
- Complete your McMinnville Linfield Application for Financial Aid (LAFA) under the Financial Aid tab on WebAdvisor, to let us know your plans for the 2017-2018 academic year, and if you will or will not be filing a 2017-2018 FAFSA. If you will not be filing a 2017-2018 FAFSA, skip to Step 4.
- Complete your 2017-2018 FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2016 with 2015 tax information to be considered for all types of financial aid. Linfield College's McMinnville campus federal school code is 003198. For students migrating to the Linfield College Portland School of Nursing you must use both of our federal school codes on your FAFSA: 003198 and E00614. Note: For students who are Oregon residents but not an U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen, you must file an Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA) to apply for the Oregon Opportunity Grant, the state grant program.
- Review your Linfield email for notification of any additional documents required to be submitted to our office. Submit all documents requested to the Office of Financial Aid timely. Financial aid forms may be found on the Financial Aid Forms page. For students selected for a process called Verification you can review the requirements on our page devoted to the Verification process and forms.
- By May, if your financial aid file is complete, our office will send you a notification with instructions to view your 2017-2018 financial aid offer in your WebAdvisor account. After reviewing your award offer, click on "Accept or reject my financial aid awards" under the financial Aid tab in WebAdvisor to accept/reject the financial aid offered to you for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The Office of Financial Aid will review after spring semester 2017 that you have maintained Satisfactory Academic Progress to ensure you are eligible to receive financial aid for 2017-2018.
- Financial aid will be disbursed electronically for eligible students at the beginning of each semester (Fall and Spring) onto your student account at Linfield. Although, Federal Pell Grant funds will not be disbursed until after the census date of each semester. Students can view their student account transactions on WebAdvisor under the Financial Profile tab, click on "Financial Statement." Students attending on a full-time basis are required to be enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester to be eligible for Linfield scholarships, grants and federal student aid.
Questions? E-mail Financial Aid at: email@example.com or call 503.883.2225