I. Grant Support Services
The following departments provide the following services to faculty seeking external grant funding.
The Director of Foundation & Corporate Relations in Institutional Advancement:
- Searches for potential funding opportunities.
- Broadcasts funding opportunities.
- Obtains applications and guidelines.
- Assists with proposal preparation.
- Reviews proposal and budget to assure compliance with funding source and college.
- Provides initial post-award administration including obtaining an account number and notifying the appropriate deans and vice presidents.
- Monitors report deadlines.
- Contacts the funding agency regarding changes to the budget or project.
- Shares news of the award with the college.
The Dean/Associate Deans of Academic Affairs:
- Approves the cost share and submittal of the proposal.
- Sets up budget object code with Accounting.
- Reviews and approves post-award expenditures above $1,000 prior to payment.
- Approves budget changes and adjustments, as well as notifying Accounting and Human Resources of changes when necessary.
The General Ledger Clerk in Accounting:
- Creates separate accounts for each grant.
- Processes financial transactions and payments for independent contractors.
- Provides periodic expenditure reports each year or as requested.
- Provides financial information for financial reports required by the granting agency.
The Office of Human Resources:
- Assists with recruiting faculty, staff and administrators.
- Processes payment of grant-funded compensation for faculty, staff, students and temporary employees.
- Provides guidance in determining who qualifies as an “independent contractor” to meet federally mandated requirements.