Space Renovation and Alteration Request Process
Purpose: To provide a mechanism for the Linfield community to request space renovation or alteration projects. This policy provides a consistent format for requests of this nature. This process also ensures that projects have a funding source that has been approved at the Cabinet level and provides a vehicle to reduce college risk and exposure while enhancing customer service.
- A department identifies a need for renovation or alteration work within college space. This is not a repair request, but a request to change, alter or significantly modify an existing space or its infrastructure.
- PLEASE NOTE: Repair and maintenance requests should continue to be submitted to Facilities Services via the normal work order process.
following is a list of guidelines that help differentiate a
renovation/alteration project from maintenance work:
- Renovation/Alteration projects fulfill a Master Plan component.
- Renovation/Alteration projects are most often funded by the requesting department, whereas maintenance is typically funded by the annual Facilities Services operations or Major Repair & Renewal (MR&R) budgets.
- Renovation/Alteration projects often require changes in the use of space or modification to a space to fulfill the mission of the College.
- The “Request for Renovation/Alteration” form requires Cabinet level (or designee) written approval along with the funding account number(s) and the level of funding available for the proposed project. The form is available on the Facilities & Auxiliary Services web site, the Capital Planning & Development website or can be provided by the Capital Planning & Development Department (CP&D).
- The form is then routed to the Vice President Finance & Administration for review and then to the Capital Planning & Development Department for processing.
- The CP&D develops a project budget which then is approved/disapproved by the Cabinet level officer (or designee) of the requesting department. If approved, the CP&D will notify the Vice President for Finance & Administration and the Director of Facilities & Auxiliary Services as to the project schedule and budget. A project manager to coordinate with the originating department will also be assigned.