Department of Education
Why Education at Linfield?
In the Linfield Education Program, You Have the Opportunity to:
- Earn your teaching license in four years—even if you want to be a middle school or high school teacher. You don’t need to spend money on an expensive master’s degree program until you are already making money as a classroom teacher.
- Take part in classroom field experiences, beginning with your first course in the program.
- Study and teach abroad with Education faculty members.
- Research with an Education faculty member on a student-faculty research project. Gain valuable professional experience—and get paid.
- Work with an Education faculty advisor who will help you through each step of the program and licensure.
- Learn from experienced, licensed teachers who model the teaching strategies that they teach.
What Do our Graduates Say?
- “Graduating from the Education Department of Linfield College stands out on a resume because the administration knows the quality of the department and the caliber of the students that graduate from the program.”
- “As a graduate of the Education Department, I felt like I had the upper hand when it came to job applications.”
- “I wouldn’t be where I am, with the job I love, without the Education Department at Linfield College.”
- “The most important aspect of a Linfield education is the community of support that you have during your four years of study, as well as after graduation.”
- “Linfield does a great job setting you up for success in student teaching and providing time with mentors to help you along the way.”
- “Through the program I was given exposure to multiple learning styles and teaching strategies, which prepared me not only how to teach, but how to think critically from a professional perspective.”