RN to BSN Degree
Students must complete all RN to BSN prerequisites and most/all Linfield Curriculum general education requirements prior to beginning the RN to BSN program and enrolling in the first NURS major class (NURS 308). Approximately 67-70 semester credits should be complete prior to beginning the RN to BSN program.
Students often transfer in prior coursework to satisfy prerequisites and Linfield Curriculum requirements. A maximum of 72 semester credits (108 quarter credits) can be transferred in from community colleges with course grades of C or better. Review our transfer grids for specifics on how transfer coursework may meet LC requirements.
- 125 total semester credits* comprised of the following:
- Prerequisites– min. 21 semester credits (some courses satisfy both prerequisite and Linfield Curriculum requirements)
- Linfield Curriculum – min. 24 semester credits (some courses will count as both prerequisite and Linfield Curriculum)
- NURS major courses - 24 semester credits; must be taken at Linfield
- Credits for Prior Learning (CPL) - 31 semester credits (awarded after successful completion of NURS 308)
- Electives – as needed to reach 125 credits required for graduation
* Note: For students seeking a second bachelor's degree, the 125 credit requirement and Linfield Curriculum requirements are considered met with prior coursework. These students are still required to meet prerequisites in addition to taking the NURS major courses and meeting the Linfield Residency Requirement of 35 credits (which includes 24 credits from NURS major courses).
- Minimum Cumulative GPA
Students are required to have a minimum cumulative higher education GPA of 2.75 or better upon entering the RN to BSN program (enrollment in NURS 308). To graduate, students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.50 in the NURS major courses and a C- or above in each required nursing course. In addition, an overall Linfield College GPA of 2.0 is required for graduation.
- Linfield Residency Requirement
To satisfy the Linfield Residency Requirement students seeking their first bachelor's degree must complete a minimum of 30 credits of coursework at Linfield (which can be satisfied with the NURS major courses (24 credits) and an additional 6 credits from any of the Linfield Curriculum or prerequisites noted above). Students seeking their second bachelor's degree must complete a minimum of 35 credits of coursework at Linfield which can be satisfied with the NURS major courses (24 credits) and an additional 11 credits from any of the prerequisites noted above or electives.
- New Student Orientation
You will be automatically registered in New Student Orientation after registering for NURS 308
- Paracurricular Requirement
A student complete three credits in paracurricular courses to satisfy the paracurricular requirement. Students who enrolled prior to the fall of 2016 are exempt from this requirement.