The management minor is suited for individuals who are preparing for careers in a wide range of areas and want to supplement their major area of study. Skills in managing and working with others are applicable across settings and industries.
What is a Minor?
In addition to a major, Linfield students may elect to complete the requirements for a minor. A minor program consists of 20-30 credits, including prequisites and support courses. At least 10 of the credits included in a minor must be taken at or through Linfield.
Employment Opportunities in the Field
- Sales Trainee
- Account Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Support
- Sales Representative
- Administrative Services Manager
- Advertising Promotions and Marketing Manager
Courses You Will Take
Completion of 20 credits consisting of:
- BNSS 250 Contemporary Business (4)
- BNMG 310 Organizational Behavior & Mgmt (4)
- BNMG 405 Human Resource Management (4)
And two of the following:
- BNMG 380 Industrial Organizational Psyc (4)
- BNMG 409 Leadership (4)
- BNMG 410 International Management (4)
- BNMG 415 Business, Ethics & Society (4)
- BNMG 423 Entrepreneurship (4)
- BNMG 436 Topics in Management (4)
- BNSS 440 Business Law II (4) or TCCA 340 Persuasion and Social Influence (4)
Students who complete a major in accounting, finance, marketing, or international business may not count BNSS 250 toward their minor and must substitute a course from the “two of the following” list. International Business majors may not count BNMG 410 toward the minor.