Health Administration Minor
The Health Administration Minor is designed for health care professionals who want to acquire the core competencies and skills necessary to lead, manage people, projects, and improve quality outcomes.
What is a Minor?
In addition to a major, Linfield students may elect to complete the requirements for a minor. A minor program consists of 20-30 credits, including prerequisites and support courses. At least 10 of the credits included in a minor must be taken at or through Linfield.
Employment Opportunities in the Field
- Medical and Health Service Manager
- Supply Chain Operations
- Medical Practice Manager
- Hospice Coordinator
Courses You Will Take
- HSCI 250 Introduction to Public and Community Health (3)
- HSCI 320 Health and Social Policy (3)
- HSCI 330 Global Health (3)
- HSCI 340 Health Care in America (3)
- HSCI 420 Health Administration (3)
- HSCI 485 Health Administration Senior Seminar Project (3)
- HSCI 487 Internship (3)
And 2 courses from the following electives:
- HHPA 422 Planning and Evaluation in Health Education (3)
- HSCI 410 Health Information and Quality Improvement (3)
- HSCI 450 Environmental Health (also listed as ENVS 450) (3)
- HSCI 398/498 Special Topics in Health Sciences (4)