Featuring a versatile, interdisciplinary curriculum, the online global studies degree program at Linfield College offers a unique opportunity to develop a more comprehensive understanding of the world and its many societies. This program is perfect for students interested in a program that explores the impact religion, culture and other factors have had – and will continue to have – on mankind. This highly flexible curriculum is also very helpful for students with a number of social science credits in past coursework who are looking for a respected degree completion program.
Why Pursue Global Studies?
Recent technological innovations have caused the ways in which cultures interact to evolve at a faster pace than ever before. Global studies programs explore these intercultural relationships at length, focusing on how factors ranging from political ideologies to religious practices affect the daily lives of individuals around the world. Fittingly, the Linfield College global studies program focuses on three core areas of study: historical and cultural studies, religious studies and philosophy and political science. This diverse blend of topics offers a number of benefits, including:
- A fresh perspective on cultures around the world
- An increased awareness of the effects of globalization
- A more thorough understanding of how cultural factors influence daily life
- The ability to understand the importance of major world events
- A well-rounded education that can lead to a number of careers
What Can You Do With A Global Studies Degree?
Thanks to its interdisciplinary nature, the Linfield College online global studies program offers students an opportunity to progress into a variety of engaging fields. You may find yourself utilizing your refined communication skills and cultural awareness in an international tourism position or harnessing the political elements of your education for a career in lobbying. Other popular career paths include:
- Foreign correspondent
- Human rights advocate
- International trade consultant
- University director of international programs
- Immigration officer
Complete Your Global Studies Education Today
Whether you’re an active professional or a dedicated parent, Linfield College’s online degree programs make it easy to fit education into your schedule. Request information to learn more about our global studies program, or apply online today.
The World Wide Web has turned the higher education industry upside-down. Before widespread Web use, classes had to be taken on campus, which could pose a problem for prospective students who juggled work, family and other commitments. Fortunately, the advent of online degree programs has opened educational doors to everyone from busy professionals to overseas students and beyond. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of online learning.
Exploring The Benefits Of Online Education
Online education’s primary selling point – simple convenience – is clear for all to see. But aside from enabling busy students to reach their goals, there are plenty of other advantages, including:
- Lower costs: Sometimes, educational institutions will price online programs lower than those offered on campus. Even when this isn’t the case, students still save money that would otherwise be spent commuting or room and board. As an added bonus, some online programs even require fewer pricey textbooks.
- A comfortable atmosphere: Lecture in the park? Why not. Take a test at work on your lunch break? Sounds great. Online programs let you study on your own terms, whether you’re participating from the comfort of your living room or your favorite local library.
- You can learn at your own pace: Online programs like Linfield’s allow you to tailor your schedule based on your needs. You can take your time or blaze through the program faster than you would on campus.
- It complements your computer skills: In this day and age, computer skills are essential for millions of positions around the world. If your need a refresher, online degree programs offer a perfect opportunity to further your education while fine-tuning your tech skills.
- You can learn from anywhere: The Internet presents no geographic obstacles. Students who travel for work, serve overseas in the armed forces and more can log in and accomplish their educational goals, regardless of their current location.
Get Your Degree Online
Online degree programs from Linfield College offer a convenient, high-quality avenue for educational advancement. Request information to learn more about our programs, or apply today if you’re ready to get started.
In today’s fast-paced business world, staying ahead of the competition means delivering results on time and under budget. Each project your team undertakes will have challenges that need to be overcome, and a skilled project manager can help make sure that plans are in place to deal with obstacles as they arise.
When potential clients are looking for a partner to work with, predictable is exactly what you want to be. A project manager can help set up the framework, guidelines and processes that allow you to make accurate estimates on the time, budget and personnel needed. Providing your team members with this early vision of what the project needs for success can give them a strong sense of direction.
A project manager often serves as a direct link between the clients and the workers on the team. This allows stakeholders to communicate via a single point of contact, making it easy for them to offer input and suggestions. The manager can then translate the requests into usable ideas for the team to incorporate into the existing framework of the project. Integrating the feedback makes clients feel involved in the process, helping ensure they’re completely satisfied with the end results.
- Accurate Risk Assessments
Every project will inevitably have issues that arise, and dealing with them efficiently can be the difference between delivering on time and being late. Creating a road map of the entire project from the start makes it easier to spot potential trouble spots before they become serious issues. Installing contingency plans at the beginning of the project saves time and money, while also protecting you against bad and reactive decisions made in the midst of an unexpected crisis.
Each project needs a way to determine how successful it is, and creating metrics at the start can help you look at the results in real-time and compare them to your road map as the project progresses. Hard numbers and data can also be used as an after-action report at the close of a project. Seeing what worked well and what needs improvement provides you with valuable information that you can use for future programs.
Project management is a growing field, and according to the Economist Intelligence Unit survey, an impressive 90% of senior executives surveyed said it was a critical or important part of their company’s success. At Linfield College Online and Continuing Education, our 100% online Project Management program teaches you the skills needed to start on this career path. From learning how to motivate personnel to finding out how best to plan a project, with a degree from Linfield College in Project Management, you’ll be equipped for success in the business world.