How do I apply for Admission?
Admission to Linfield's online program:
- Submit the online admission application and request an official copy of your transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. If you have not completed college credits, an official copy of your high school diploma or GED will be required for admission.
Mail official transcripts to:
Online and Continuing Education
900 SE Baker Street Unit A456
You will receive an admission packet and transfer credit evaluation showing your credits awarded after all your transcripts have been received.
Admission for Former Linfield Students:
- Your admission application for Linfield's online program will remain active for five academic semesters, if you haven't finished your application or started courses within five semesters of applying you will need to submit a new application and official transcripts.
- If you are returning to Linfield's online programs after a leave of absence, you will need to submit a completed re-admission form and transcripts from any institution you have enrolled in since your last course at Linfield College.
Admission for International Students:
- Students with international credentials will need to submit a translated credential evaluation with their admission application, please contact your admission counselor for additional information
- Applicants who had international credentials, but are citizens or can file for Federal Financial Aid are exempt from submitting proof of English proficiency
- Applicants to Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program who are non-native English speakers will be required to show evidence of English proficiency prior to admission. Students who present TOEFL scores of 550 and above (paper-based exam) or 213 and above (computer-based exam) are generally eligible for admission with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in previous college work. Prospective students may choose to take a Linfield Essay Test in place of the TOEFL. Those who earn a score of 0-3.5 (out of a possible 6) on the essay test are not admissible to Linfield. Those who earn a score of 4-5.5 are admitted and are required to complete the Inquiry Seminar INQS 126 within their first year in the program. Students who score higher than 5.5 are admitted with no restrictions.
Questions about the admission process? Contact Linfield's Online and Continuing Education Admission Office at 503-883-2346 or email@example.com
A printable Application for degree and certificate programs is available on the Publications page.