Admission to Linfield's Online and Continuing Education Programs
Office of Admission
900 SE Baker Street
McMinnville, Oregon 97128-6894
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in completed college coursework
- Prior college work is not required for admission, however please plan on providing an official copy of your GED or high school transcript. If time had elapsed since your high school graduation, please plan on providing us with a brief personal statement. Contact your admission counselor for additional information.
- RN to BSN applicants should talk with their admission counselor about major GPA requirements
Transferable Credit Quick Facts:
- Your admission counselor can complete a pre-admission transcript evaluation to assist you in understanding how your credits will transfer
- Credits completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities and credits from AP or IB coursework are evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- Grades of C- and below will not transfer
- Maximum of 72 semester credits (108 quarter credits) from all 2-year colleges combined will be accepted
You can get additional transfer credit information on our Transfer Credits page or by contacting your admission counselor
- Students with international credentials will need to submit a translated credential evaluation with their admission application, please contact your admission counselor for additional information
- Applicants who had international credentials, but are citizens or can file for Federal Financial Aid are exempt from submitting proof of English proficiency
- Applicants to Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program who are non-native English speakers will be required to show evidence of English proficiency prior to admission. Students who present TOEFL scores of 550 and above (paper-based exam) or 213 and above (computer-based exam) are generally eligible for admission with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in previous college work. Prospective students may choose to take a Linfield Essay Test in place of the TOEFL. Those who earn a score of 0-3.5 (out of a possible 6) on the essay test are not admissible to Linfield. Those who earn a score of 4-5.5 are admitted and are required to complete the Inquiry Seminar INQS 126 within their first year in the program. Students who score higher than 5.5 are admitted with no restrictions.
Questions? Contact Linfield's Online and Continuing Education Program at firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.883.2346.