Admission Requirments for Linfield's Online Program
- Minimum GPA of 2.00 in completed college coursework
- If you have not completed college credits, an official copy of your high school diploma or GED will be required for admission. If time has elapsed since your high school graduation, please plan on providing us with a brief personal statement. Contact your admission counselor for additional information.
- The RN to BSN major requires a minimum of a 2.75 overall GPA. Students who are below the major GPA requirement will be admitted as pre-RN to BSN and work with an academic advisor to raise their GPA before starting their first nursing course.
Transfer Credit Policy:
- Your admission counselor can complete a pre-admission transcript evaluation to assist you in understanding how your credits will transfer
- Credits completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities and credits from AP or IB coursework are evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- Grades of C- and below will not transfer
- Maximum of 72 semester credits (108 quarter credits) from all 2-year colleges combined will be accepted
- Service members and veterans send a copy of your SMART or AARTS record. For College Level Exam Program (CLEP), send an official transcript of CLEP scores. For American Council on Education (ACE) accredited training programs completed through your employer or professional organization, request an official ACE transcript.
You can get additional transfer credit information on our Transfer Credits page or by contacting your admission counselor
- Students with international credentials will need to submit a translated credential evaluation with their admission application, please contact your admission counselor for additional information
- Applicants who had international credentials, but are citizens or can file for Federal Financial Aid are exempt from submitting proof of English proficiency
- Applicants to Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program who are non-native English speakers will be required to show evidence of English proficiency prior to admission. Students who present TOEFL scores of 550 and above (paper-based exam) or 213 and above (computer-based exam) are generally eligible for admission with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in previous college work. Prospective students may choose to take a Linfield Essay Test in place of the TOEFL. Those who earn a score of 0-3.5 (out of a possible 6) on the essay test are not admissible to Linfield. Those who earn a score of 4-5.5 are admitted and are required to complete the Inquiry Seminar INQS 126 within their first year in the program. Students who score higher than 5.5 are admitted with no restrictions.
Questions? Contact Linfield's Online and Continuing Education Program at firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-883-2346.