- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in college coursework
- Credits completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities and credits from AP or IB coursework are evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- Grades of C- and below will not transfer
- Maximum of 72 semester credits (108 quarter credits) from all 2-year colleges combined will be accepted
- Prior college work is not required
- Students who are non-native speakers of English are generally required to demonstrate college-level language skills by means of the TOEFL or the Linfield Essay Test
- Applicants who had international credentials, but are citizens or can file for Federal Financial Aid are exempt from submitting proof of English proficiency
- Applicants to Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program who are non-native English speakers will be required to show evidence of English proficiency prior to admission. Students who present TOEFL scores of 550 and above (paper-based exam) or 213 and above (computer-based exam) are generally eligible for admission with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in previous college work. Prospective students may choose to take a Linfield Essay Test in place of the TOEFL. Those who earn a score of 0-3.5 (out of a possible 6) on the essay test are not admissible to Linfield. Those who earn a score of 4-5.5 are admitted and are required to complete the Inquiry Seminar INQS 126 within their first year in the program. Students who score higher than 5.5 are admitted with no restrictions.