The Linfield College properties are private and the College reserves the right to control access at all times. To protect the College community and to provide optimal use of parking resources for community members, campus access is controlled via parking by permit only. The College may change access and parking regulations based upon major events of the College. Linfield College requires any motor vehicle that will be used as transportation on campus, or to and from campus, be registered with CPS, regardless of whether or not the vehicle will park on campus property, or whether or not the owner of the vehicle lives on campus. Parking permit applications can be downloaded and brought to the CPS office, or picked up at the CPS office. All Linfield community members parking within the Linfield campus must display a current parking permit at all times.
Traffic and Parking Regulations
Linfield College owned streets include: Founder's Way, Pioneer Way, Oak Grove Lane, Cozine Lane, Blaine, Renshaw, Lever, Boardman, Everson, Brumback Streets, Library Court, Ford Drive and Keck and Wildcat Circle(s). This also includes the area surrounding the Legacy Apartments and all campus-controlled parking lots. For the purpose of these regulations, the word “parked” means any vehicle which is stopped and/or waiting regardless of the period of time the vehicle is stopped or whether a driver is present, except for vehicles immobilized by traffic control officers, congestion, or accident. Furthermore, the words “motor vehicle” or “vehicle” means any type of motor powered conveyance including, but not limited to, automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, and motor scooters.
Driving and Parking Regulations for Linfield College Community members (On Campus):
Linfield College enforces all motor vehicle laws as defined in the Oregon Revised Statutes, as applicable to campus. Law enforcement agencies also patrols campus streets and may assess violations of Oregon law as they see fit.
- Any motor vehicle driven on Linfield property shall be operated by a legally licensed and insured driver. The driver will have the license in their possession at all times when operating their vehicle.
- Anyone operating a motor vehicle on campus shall observe speed limits, barricades, stop signs, and all other parking and traffic regulations, and shall drive in a safe and prudent manner.
- Drivers will comply with all lawful directions given by Linfield College CPS and/or law enforcement.
- The speed limit on all campus streets is 15 MPH, unless otherwise posted.
- Parking in FIRE LANES is prohibited.
- Parking in DISABLED stalls without current and valid disabled permits is prohibited for any length of time. Be aware that parking in a striped disabled loading zone adjacent to disabled parking space counts as a disabled parking violation.
- Vehicles parked or standing for any length time in areas marked by red curbs, fire lanes, loading zones, crosswalks, landscaped areas, sidewalks, areas needed for truck access to trash dumpsters, or areas marked by “No Parking” signs are considered illegally parked.
- Parking in “Reserved” parking spaces is prohibited at all times.
- Linfield community members may not park in visitor parking areas at any time.
- Responsibility for locating a legal parking space rests with the operator of the motor vehicle.
For a full description of Linfield parking regulations download the full Linfield College Traffic and Parking Regulations.
If you have questions or concerns about any of these regulations, please contact the Linfield College CPS Director, Rebecca Wale, email@example.com
For More Information contact:
Linfield College CPS
Phone Number – (503) 883-SAFE (7233)
Linfield Extension – x7233