Crime Prevention A-Z
Bicycle Theft Prevention
Always secure your bike with a heavy duty u-lock and register your bike with CPS.
Registering your bicycle increases the chances of your bike being returned if lost or stolen. Print this online form and return it to the CPS office to register your bicycle. Registering your bicycle with College Public Safety also registers your bicycle with McMinnville Police Department. Registering your bicycle is a free service provided by CPS and is required by the city of McMinnville.
Locking your bike:
- Use a heavy duty U-Lock. Leave as little space as possible in the "U" portion of the lock to minimize space for tools to be inserted. CPS has Kryptonite Kryptolok Series 2 STD with 4in Flex Ulocks available for sale at discounted price. Click on link provided for more info and sales agreement.
- Always lock your bicycle to a secure object such as a bike rack.
- Lock the bicycle even if it will be unattended for only a few minutes.
- Lock or remove components that could be easily stolen from the bicycle.
- Report suspicious activity or loitering around bike racks to CPS at extension 7233.