Crime Prevention A-Z
Most bikes stolen at Linfield were unsecured or locked poorly. Of over 15,000 bicycles stolen in the U.S. every day, only 2-5% are ever returned to their owners. Linfield College Public Safety has a bicycle registry in our office in Cozine. Register your bicycle and increase the chances of your bike being returned. Print this online form and return it to the CPS office to register your bicycle.
One of the best ways to ensure your bike is returned is to have it registered. If you use your bike outside of the McMinnville campus, registration is required by the City of McMinnville. McMinnville Bicycle Licensing
Locking your bike:
- Use a heavy duty U-Lock. Leave as little space as possible in the "U" portion of the lock to minimize space for tools to be inserted.
- Always lock your bicycle to a secure object such as a bike rack.
- Lock the bicycle even if it will be unattended for only a few minutes.
- Lock or remove components that could be easily stolen from the bicycle.
- Report suspicious activity or loitering around bike racks to CPS at extension 7233.