College Public Safety
Crime Prevention A-Z
Auto Security and Safety
Auto theft is a growing national problem and no campus is immune. Take action to safeguard your vehicle:
- Lock all doors while driving and after parking
- Help secure your vehicle against theft or burglary with an electronic alarm
- Keep a copy of your registration, insurance, and title in a safe place - your trunk for example versus the glove box.
- Store valuables out of sight or locked in the trunk
- If you don't use your car regularly, check on it every day or two.
- Immediately report all thefts, as well as suspicious activity in parking lots and near parked cars, to CPS at ext. 7233.