Coursework for High School Students
High school juniors and seniors may enroll in only one class and up to 5 credits per semester with the approval of the high school principal, the Linfield faculty member teaching the course, and the Linfield Director of Admission. High school juniors and seniors are not eligible for January term classes. Students who have graduated from high school or who have received their GED are not eligible for admission as a pre-college student. Enrollment in Linfield College courses is on a space available basis and students must receive Linfield grades of “C” or better to continue taking Linfield courses.
Transferable college credit is given after the student has received a secondary school diploma. Cost per credit is $435 and there is a $40 one-time application fee. Students enrolled in more than 5 credits will pay the McMinnville Campus rate per credit hour over 5 credits.
- The Linfield College Pre-College Application Form is available through the Office of Admission or online at www.linfield.edu/ admission/apply/pre-college-applicants.html
- A one-time $40 application fee is required.
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in high school.
- An official high school transcript must accompany the Pre-College Application Form.
- Students must have/maintain a cumulative 3.50 high school GPA in order to be considered for pre-college admission.
- Adequate and progressive academic progress must be displayed in subject area of the Linfield course.
- Placement exams may be required for some subjects.
- A brief interview with either the Director of Admission and/or the Registrar will be required prior to acceptance as a pre-college student.